NFT London is an NFT conference organized by the same organization as NFT NYC, and aims to bring together speakers from around the world to discuss topics related to the Metaverse, web3, and NFTs.
The event is spread across five floors, each focusing on a different sector: fashion, music, sports, gaming, and education. There are also booths featuring up-and-coming NFTs. It took place in London for the first time in 2022, in the Queen Elizabeth II Centre.
Next to its conference, NFT London was known for celebrating artist communities, where the most important communities come together and organize satellite events.
Traveling to NFT London 2023
How to reach NFT London?
The Queen Elizabeth II Centre (QEII Centre) is located in the heart of London, near many popular tourist attractions and transportation hubs. Here are a few options for how to reach the QEII Centre:
- By underground (subway) or overground train: The QEII Centre is located a short walk from the Westminster station, which is served by the Circle, District, and Jubilee lines of the London Underground (subway) and the National Rail overground network.
- By bus: The QEII Centre is located on a major bus route and is served by many bus lines, including the 3, 11, 12, 24, 53, 77A, 87, 88, 148, 159, 211, 453, and N3.
- By taxi or car: If you prefer to take a taxi or drive to the QEII Centre, there are several car parks nearby and the venue is easily accessible by car.
London – Travel Basics
Staying Safe in London
London is generally considered to be a safe city, with a lower crime rate compared to other cities in Europe. According to research by the British Council’s Education Intelligence Unit, the UK is also considered the safest country for students to live in.
However, it’s still important to take basic precautions to protect yourself, such as being aware of your surroundings and taking care of your belongings. As with any city, it’s also a good idea to avoid going to areas that are known to have higher crime rates and to be especially cautious at night.
London has mild winters and cool summers. The weather in London can be unpredictable, with sunny spells and showers often occurring within the same day.
In general, the weather in London is mild throughout the year, with average high temperatures ranging from around 50 degrees Fahrenheit (10 degrees Celsius) in the winter to around 70 degrees Fahrenheit (21 degrees Celsius) in the summer.
The average low temperatures are typically around 40 degrees Fahrenheit (4 degrees Celsius) in the winter and around 60 degrees Fahrenheit (16 degrees Celsius) in the summer.
How to get around NFT London like a local?
Where in London to stay for the NFT London?
There are many different places to stay in London, depending on your budget, preferences, and location. If you’re attending NFT London and you want to be close to the event venue, there are many hotels and vacation rentals available in the area. Here are a few options to consider:
- The Rubens at the Palace: This luxurious hotel is located in the heart of London, just a short walk from the QEII Centre. It offers a range of amenities, including a spa and fitness center.
- The Premier Inn London City (Aldgate): This budget-friendly hotel is located in the Aldgate neighborhood, just a short walk from the QEII Centre. It offers a range of amenities, including a bar and restaurant.
Where in London to eat when visiting NFT London?
London is known for its diverse and vibrant food scene, and you’ll find a wide variety of dining options to choose from while visiting NFT London. If you’re staying in the area around the QEII Centre, you’ll have easy access to many restaurants and cafes within walking distance of the event venue. Here are a few suggestions for places to eat in the area:
- The Narrow: This popular gastro pub is located on the Thames river in the Shadwell neighborhood and serves a range of classic British dishes, as well as a selection of beers and wines.
- The Cinnamon Club: This fine dining restaurant is located in the Old Westminster Library and serves modern Indian cuisine using fresh, seasonal ingredients.
- Dishoom: This popular chain of Indian restaurants serves a range of dishes inspired by the Irani cafés of Bombay, including curries, biryanis, and more. They have several locations in London, including one in the Covent Garden neighborhood, which is a short walk from the QEII Centre.
Where to party during NFT London?
In addition to the main event, NFT London also features a variety of satellite events and parties that take place at venues around the city. These events and parties provide attendees with additional opportunities to network, learn about new products and technologies, and have fun.
We are currently unable to provide information about specific satellite events and parties that will take place at NFT London 2023, as the details of these events have not yet been announced. In the past years, NFT London has featured a wide variety of satellite events and parties, including networking events, product demonstrations, and other activities that feature a wide range of concerts, film screenings, panel discussions, and NFT Community parties.
What to pack when visiting NFT London?
When visiting London for NFT London, there are a few things you’ll want to pack to ensure that you’re prepared for your trip. Here are a few suggestions for things to pack:
- Comfortable clothes and shoes: London is known for its changeable weather, so it’s a good idea to pack clothes that can be layered to accommodate different temperatures. You’ll also want to bring a pair of comfortable shoes for walking around the city.
- Rain gear: Rain is common in London, so it’s a good idea to pack a raincoat or umbrella.